November 17, 2000
Holidays are part of an enchanting season where friends and family come together to share in magic moments. When it's time for your guests to give "Thanks," you'll be at the top of their list with the Perfect Pumpkin Pie or Raspberry Topped Lemon Pie that you've made. Or for a heavenly treat, try Heaven Scent Baked Apples; they're sure to please family and friends.
And if you want to bring a gift to a holiday hostess, mix up some deliciously festive Jewel Fudge. In a pretty box filled with colorful tissue, it's sure to delight everyone. When it's time for your holiday photos, say "Holiday CHEESE tarts." They taste so good everyone will smile all day.
Perfect Pumpkin Pie
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF. In large bowl, combine all ingredients except pie shell; mix well.
2. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Bake 15 minutes.
3. Reduce oven heat to 350ºF. Continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired. Store covered in refrigerator.
Note: Easy One-Bowl Recipe
Raspberry Topped Lemon Pie
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. With mixer, beat egg yolks and Eagler Brand until well blended. Stir in ReaLemonr. Pour into crust.
2. Bake 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in saucepan, combine raspberries and cornstarch; cook and stir until mixture thickens and is clear. Spoon on top of pie.
4. Chill at least 4 hours.
5. Top with whipped topping. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
1. Over low heat, melt chocolate with Eagler Brand, vanilla and salt. Remove from heat; stir in cherries. Spread into foil-lined 8- or 9-inch square pan.
2. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
3. Turn fudge onto cutting board; peel off foil and cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator.
Holiday Cheese Tarts
1. With mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in Eagler Brand until smooth. Stir in ReaLemonr and vanilla. Spoon into crusts.
2. Chill 2 hours or until set.
3. Just before serving, top with fruit; brush with jelly if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Heaven Scent Baked Apples
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Core apples; peel a strip from the top of each. If necessary, cut thin slice from bottom of each apple so apples will stand upright. Place apples upright in greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Fill centers with fruit bits or raisins.
2. In medium-sized bowl, combine Eagler Brand, water and nutmeg; pour over and around apples. Set dish in a 13- x 9- inch pan. Set on oven rack. Carefully pour boiling water into larger pan to 1-inch depth. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender.
Visit www.eaglebrand.com to learn more about their free recipe club.