North County Unity Coalition Mardi Gras Casino Night
The North County Democratic Unity Coalition is hosting a major annual fundraising event Saturday, March 4 beginning at 6:00PM. The entertainment for the evening is a “Mardi Gras” casino night, and will be held at the beautiful Lake San Marcos Country Club, located at 1750 San Pablo Drive, in the Lake San Marcos resort. The event is open to the public, and participants are asked to choose from 3 available contributor levels in order to support the Coalition’s 2006 electoral efforts.
An online RSVP form which allows for paying by credit card or downloading a printable copy to mail with a check is available the Coalition’s website at www.NCUnity.org.
The North County Unity Coalition was founded in 1994 to coordinate local political action in north San Diego, southwest Riverside, and southern Orange Counties. The coalition is a Federal and State Political Action Committee, and serves as an umbrella for local political clubs, advocacy organizations, and civic groups to raise funds, channel resources, and organize volunteer efforts.
Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Gonzales should be impeached, county Greens declare; Green-led S.F. Supervisor panel also calls for impeachment
Green Party county officials here have approved an official resolution calling for the impeachment of President George W. Bush, Vice-President Dick Cheney, Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld and Attorney General Alberto Gonzales for committing “high crimes and misdemeanors.”
According to the one-page resolution drafted by the Green Party of Nevada County (about 40 miles northeast of Sacramento), Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Gonzales are being cited for:
1. “Ordering the National Security Agency to conduct secret warrantless searches and seizures of the private personal communications of American citizens;
2. “Authorizing and permitting torture against human beings;
3. “Depriving American citizens of their constitutionally guaranteed rights” (through the use of indefinite detentions);
4. “Launching an illegal, unjust and undeclared war against the sovereign sate of Iraq;
5. “Authorizing the use of illegal chemical and radioactive weapons in military campaigns;
6. “Repeatedly, consciously and with forethought, lying to the American people and U.S. Congress” to justify the war in Iraq;
7. “Authorizing, ordering and condoning direct military attacks on civilians...in Iraq;
8. “Violating and unilaterally abrogating lawful signatory treaties...providing for humane treatment of combatants and civilians.”
¡2006 Party for Progressives! Cindy Sheehan, Keynote Speaker
Saturday, March 4th, 2006, 8-11pm (doors open at 7:30) Balboa Park Club Room
Fundraising ball for Activist San Diego and activist celebration for progressives
In 2005, we worked to expose the lies and scandal of the right-wing who have been undermining our democracy in Washington D.C. and Sacramento. Bush’s popularity is 34% in California. It’s time their party was over. We have to build momentum, educate, inspire and take actions to turn up the heat. Activist San Diego believes we have much to celebrate and want to rejoice our just cause the People’s commitment to peace, equality and the expansion of a real democracy!
You and members of your organization are invited to attend a PARTY FOR PROGRESSIVES - ¡VIVA DEMOCRACY! Party with us and celebrate the people and organizations, which have done so much to change the political, social and cultural landscape in San Diego County.
Listen and dance to “America’s best dance band” music by Liquid Blue! No-host bar and free refreshments. Activist awards will be given to outstanding contributors in our community. Jon Elliot of KLSD radio is emcee. Be inspired by our keynote speaker, Cindy Sheehan an exemplary leader of grassroots activism and democracy!